Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Field Trip!

I would normally say that going to a movie is NOT a field trip unless it was to watch a documentary on the big screen. Today was an exception. Due to lower than usual funds, higher food prices, etc. We take few trips. Museums are not free, neither is gas, and then there are tolls to pay. It is too cold for free outdoor adventures, so what does one do for fun? We usually head off to homeschool group or open gym time, but my kids are snotty and coughing. I knew very few people would not be at the movies on Wednesday at 11am. I was correct. There was one older lady, a woman with her small child, and a man with his son. That was it. We sat in the back and watched Bedtime Stories with Adam Sandler. It's a great movie, I just love Adam Sandler. It is funny, we are close in age and our humor seems to be developing about the same. When I watch younger Sandler movies I roll my eyes, but at one time I thought they were hilarious. Funny how your taste change with time and experiences.

This was not exactly learning experiences, but it was a nice family time, which is usually teacher/student time.

We are progressing nicely with our state studies I started in January. We started late because Sam kept forgetting to pick up the books from the library. The kids now want to visit so many states to see all the wonderful museums and natural wonders. The first on the list is Connecticut.

I am holding the vision that money will pick up around here for us and we can afford to take trips to all these fantastic places together. Sounds fun to me!!