Tuesday, September 16, 2008

We weeble and wobble, but we don't fall down!

Life has it's way of making you weeble and wobble. Like today, day 2 in homeschool experiment 6560 (I am making up the number, FYI for the gullible types).

The morning started rough. Not too rough, but a little shaky. I tried to spice up the skip counting and it turned into a disaster. Jonah and Zane began to write on their chalk boards, ok DOODLE, as I spoke. I said stop and Jonah kept on. I finally took it off his desk as he tried desperately put the finishing touches on his artwork. I took a deep breath. Zane threw the wiping off rag and it hit the candle flame and it luckily went out. I lit the candle again and told him not to do that. This was the morning. James took ALL day to complete work that would take 2 hours MAX.
I finally told him we needed to leave at 3pm to go buy chicken feed for our chickens. He spent an hour at least talking to Nimai, polishing his dads bee yard boots (you know the girls really like shiny black boots when they are being smoked and their honey robbed). He took nine days to eat his 1/2 cup of beans with his chips and sour cream. He took another 6 days to destroy the computer room to look for a CD I told him was in the cabinet 4 times. Oh yes, it was fun! Jonah did not want to write anything, wanted to cry. I was not falling for that trick.

Ahhhhhhhh..................deep breath, deep breath.

See I still have all my hair and most of my mind! All is well :)