Monday, August 9, 2010

"Don't anybody move, I've dropped my brain."

I can relate to that line from a movie. I feel like sometimes I have dropped my brain and I cannot figure out where it is. In the laundry? In the pile of dishes in the sink? Did I accidentally make a smoothie with it? Maybe my purse, perhaps one of the kids thought it was a cool ball and left it outside to bake in the sun. Like lost glasses always found on top of your head, I find my brain tucked safely away. Then I begin to think the worst, am I getting Alzheimer? Words come out wrong. Can't think of peoples names. I feared I was becoming feeble in the mind so I downloaded a memory game one day on my phone. I sat down and could not do it. "Ahhhh!", I screamed within. "It is true.", I whispered to myself. Wanting to cry I put the game down and finished my chores and cared for the kids. That night in bed with the house quiet I tried it again, BAM! I got it. The next morning, Bam, I got it! Then it was clear to me. I was and am very distracted during the day. Laundry, dishes, cleaning pee off the bathroom floor, flushing away awful sights, making smoothies, lunches, dinners, driving here and there, telling the kids their chores, making sure they do their chores, reading to them while cooking, doing projects, homeschooling on 3 different levels, and all the while taking time to let the dogs in and out. Somehow I get it all done, not perfectly, not neatly, but complete and it takes a toll on my mind. I am foggy and scrambled most days.

I am a very internal person. Not a quick thinker in debate. I mull over ideas for days and then come back with my opinion. Society wants me to think NOW! I can't. I am busy, very busy. Once those little feet hit the floor their mouths open wanting food shoved in and millions of "I want" comes out. There is no room left to tell you my neighbors name or where my brain is. "It was here this morning." I say and let's leave it at that. Pancakes anyone?